Image by PhillipC via Flickr
I’m shamelessly (!) stealing this idea from Bolaji.
Here are seven of my favorites:
1. Life is uncertain, eat dessert first.
2. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein
3. If life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand chocolate.
4. I have always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first, of course, is ransom notes – Philip Dusenberry
5. Walk like you’re wearing a cape – Josh Hanagarne’s dad
6. The only difference between an audience and a community is the way the chairs are facing – Chris Brogan
7. If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am for myself only, what am I? And if not now, when? – Hillel
What are yours?
Image via Wikipedia
Here are some of mine (from some pretty random sources).
Godot never comes! – Thom Singer (from a recent comment on Chris Brogan’s blog).
Waiting (and waiting) for perfection, or for someone to save you, won’t move you forward. Instead of waiting, do something. It’s OK if it fails, which leads me to..
Give yourself a D – Seth Godin (Linchpin)
Failure happens. If it does, you’ve learned something.
I have always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first, of course, is ransom notes . . . ~ Philip Dusenberry
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds – Albert Einstein
If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am for myself only, what am I? And if not now, when? – Hillel
This may not seem to have a lot to do with marketing, but it does. If you only give and give you will be poor and hungry. It is OK to want to earn money for your work, and be paid accordingly. However, if you only interrupt people and act selfishly, you will be perceived as greedy and self-centered. Give some things away (but not everything). What are you waiting for? If it’s Godot, he’s not coming.
What are your favorites? Share them below.