got stole this idea from John Jantsch. He and his wife went out to eat, and had a lovely meal. When the waitress brought their check, she also gave them a pint of soup in a takeout container.
Now, he not only wants to return for another great meal, he’s also written about it on his blog and invited readers to submit their own “free soup” strategy.
It’s a great way to exceed expectations, and be remarkable, without a big budget.
Here are some of the strategies his readers used, plus a few of my own ideas:
- a web developer said he included a free personalized favicon in every site
- another reader gives away a copy of The Four Hour Workweek
- a photographer might include a free CD along with photo prints (or vice versa)
- include a thumb drive with the DVD of your video
- create a revolving 3-D digital version of your client’s exhibit
What’s your free soup strategy?
Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/galant/3201533398/ analvette64
Speaking of free, tomorrow is Freebie Friday.