1. Comment on blogs and forums (be helpful, not promotional).
2. Send press releases. Make sure it’s really newsworthy, not a puff piece about your company.
3. Build a Google pages Web site.
4. Interview someone and upload the mp3 file to your Web site with Audacity.
5. Blog on Medium. Share your expertise, and strut your stuff, but don’t spam people with “me! me! me!.”
6. Write articles and send them to trade publications in your field.
10. Sign up for HARO (help a reporter out). It’s a free service with queries from reporters who need sources for stories.