I just read a book by Bob Poole called Listen First, Sell Later which reminded me that I wanted to share an easy way to stay in contact with clients and prospects. All you have to do is get some note cards and write a handwritten thank you note. If your handwriting is terrible, you can get a font made that looks like handwriting. Bob recommended FontGod.
Say thank you to your customers for:
- continuing to give you their business
- a suggestion or comment on how to improve your service
- compliments on how well you did
- referring business to you
Thank your contacts/prospects:
- after a trade show, when you send the information they requested
- when they turn you down (sometimes, this can lead to business down the road). It stands out, it’s unexpected, and it’s gracious.
And yes, I sent Bob a thank you note. I’d also like to thank you for reading this blog.
Freebie Friday is tomorrow.